#3 Toxin Ingestion
Pets are curious about their environment and sometimes this can get them into trouble. Toxins can be ingested, absorbed across the skin, or inhaled. Rodenticides are extremely common toxins in pets, but so are several household materials, such as cleaners, medications, plants, batteries, antifreeze, insecticides, paint, chocolate, xylitol containing products such as sugar-free gums, and fertilizers. If you suspect your pet has been poisoned, immediate veterinary care can make all the difference. Call the Pet Poison Helpline at 1-855-213-6680.