8. Liquid Potpourri
Much like "regular" potpourri, liquid potpourri can freshen up any room. However this concentrated fragrance, which is typically simmered in a pot and then placed in a bottle for later use, can cause severe damage to your pet if ingested. "Cats," Dr. Lee says, "are super curious about [simmering] potpourri and drink the liquid, which then poisons them." Liquid potpourri also contains a cationic detergent, which is corrosive and can cause burns on a pet's tongue, difficulty breathing, and even excess liver enzymes.