A. Unfortunately we don't understand the toxic dose for grapes. Some dogs eat them with no problems. Some go in to kidney failure after ingesting only a few. Based on this my best recommendation for you is to seek veterinary care as soon as possible. It may still be productive to get her to vomit, and then activated charcoal can be administered to absorb the toxin in the intestines. She'd likely also need baseline blood work to check kidney function, and possible some IV fluids. I wish I could be more specific for your situation but unfortunately we just don't know for sure, so we err on the side of caution.
DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.
Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.
User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.
Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.
Your account has been reactivated.