A. Early symptoms are similar to alcohol intoxication: staggering drunken appearance, excessive drinking and urinating, panting, vomiting, loss of coordination, seizures or tremors, etc. Ethylene glycol is accumulating as crystals in dogs' kidneys and the damage cannot be repaired.
Symptoms of kidney damage usually show up 36 to 72 hours after ingestion of the antifreeze. These include: lethargy, inability to urinate, mouth ulcers, lack of appetite, excessive salivation, dehydration, painful swollen kidneys.
If you suspect your dog has ingested antifreeze you should take your dog to your vets as soon as possible. The sooner you get your dog to the vet the better are it's chances of survival.
Your account has been reactivated.