breed

Q. Dog ate junior mints

A. Junior Mints are covered in dark chocolate, which is the kind most toxic to dogs. The extent of damage will depend on how big your dog is and how many he ate. I would call the Pet Poison Helpline at 1-800-213-6680 and give them the specific information. They will be able to help you.

Answered By
BETTE ISACOFF

Was this helpful?


Related Questions

Related Articles


USDA Removes Animal Welfare Information From Public Access

On Friday, February 3, 2017, the United States Department of Agriculture abruptly removed thousands of documents, research, and data once available to the public, law enforcement,and animal welfare agenciesfrom itswebsite. The information...

Read More
PetSmart Recalls Lot of Grreat Choice Adult Dog Food

PetSmart has issued a voluntary recall of one product lot of Grreat Choice Adult Dog Food as a precautionary action due to metal contamination found in the identified lot. This recall only affects one lot of13.2-ounce cans of Grreat...

Read More

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.

Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.

User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.

Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.

Continue Reading