breed

Q. My dog 1 year old Jack Russell miniature pincer mix. He ate one green grape what should I do?

A. The skin of grapes can be toxic to dogs, but the likelihood that only one grape will cause a problem is very low. Watch your pet for signs of toxicity (vomiting, not eating, listless) for the next 1-3 days. Mess your veterinarian if she shows signs of illness, but the ingestion of only one grape is not likely to cause a toxicity.

Answered By
AMY S. EUTSEY, DVM

Was this helpful?


Related Questions

Related Articles


New Year, New Start

Top 10 Resolutions for Your Pet Get organized. Check. Get a better job. Check. Lose weight. Check that one twice. This New Year isn’t unlike any other -- you've probably made resolutions that you'll struggle to...

Read More
Hearing Loss in Dogs

Deafness in Dogs Deafness refers to the lack (or loss) of an animal's ability to hear -- this can either be complete or partial loss. If the dog is deaf at birth (congenital), it will be very apparent to you at a young age. More...

Read More

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.

Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.

User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.

Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.

Continue Reading