breed

Q. My cat ate one and a half milk chocolate bells and vomited it back up. Will she be ok? I need to know that she is gonna be ok

A. It would depend on the size of your cat and on the size of the chocolate bells, but generally speaking she should be fine, especially if she vomited everything soon after ingesting it.

Milk chocolate is less toxic than dark one, meaning that a bigger amount is needed to give toxic effects.

My suggestion would be to monitor any sign such as vomiting/ diarrhea/ muscle rigidity/nervous behavior/ rapid breathing. If you she is experiencing any of the above symptoms, bring her to your veterinarian immediately.

Answered By
DR. MASSIMO ORIOLES, DVM, MRCVS

Was this helpful?


Related Questions

Related Articles


Roundworms in Dogs

Ascariasis in Dogs Ascariasis is a disease affecting dogs caused by the intestinal parasitic roundworm (or Ascaris lumbricoides). Roundworms are often quite large -- up to 10 to 12 centimeters in length -- and can be present in...

Read More
Bow Wow Chow: The Essential Dog Food Guide

Buy dog food or make it yourself, but make it healthy. Here are some important things to add (or not add) to your dog's diet. These days we often hear reports about dog foods that can harm our pets. In 2007, over one hundred...

Read More

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.

Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.

User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.

Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.

Continue Reading