A. This all depends on how much and what kind of chocolate. A small piece of a snickers bar is probably no big deal, but something like bakers chocolate is a different story. Malteses are pretty small dogs so it wouldnt take much for your dog to be in trouble. You should take your dog to the vet where depending on how long ago the chocolate was consumed they can do things to help minimize the effects. Bloodwork will most likely be done to try and determine the extent of the damage. Fluid fherapy alomg with certain drugs can help your dog avoid long term damage. If recently consumed they may even induce vomiting. Like i said, rich chocolate can be very toxic, and it wouldnt take much for a small dog. Good luck
Your account has been reactivated.