breed

Q. My 17 Terrier ate his Trifexis tablet and then ingested one spit out by his 110 brother rott. How serious is this and what should I do?

A. It shouldn't be very dangerous if the other dog is not much bigger than your terrier. watch your dog for signs of toxicosis ( vomiting, diarrhoea - single incident is a normal reaction; tremors, panting) If anything will concern you see a vet)

Answered By
ZANETA KRASON

Was this helpful?


Related Questions

Related Articles


Parasite Drug (Ivermectin) Poisoning in Dogs

Ivermectin Toxicity in Dogs This toxic reaction occurs especially in dogs that are genetically hypersensitive to ivermectin, an anti-parasite medication most commonly used for heartworm prevention, or to treat ear and hair mites, which...

Read More
Drug Poisoning in Dogs

In cases of drug poisoning in dogs, the most common cause is unintentional overdosing of medications. Veterinary pills are easily over-consumed by dogs, since they are usually flavored to make them more appealing, and easier to swallow....

Read More

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.

Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.

User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.

Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.

Continue Reading