breed

Q. Would a 400 I.U. Vitamin E soft-gel (for human usage) be harmful to a 2 year old cat if ingested?

A. If it was one -off ingestion then it will not be harmful. I would maybe expect mild gastro-intestinal signs like diarrhoea or vomiting

Answered By
TOMASZ WNUK



Related Questions

Related Articles


Ingestion of Feces and Foreign Objects in Dogs

Coprophagia and Pica in Dogs Pica is a medical issue referring to a dog's craving of a non-food item and the subsequent eating of said item. Coprophagia, meanwhile, is the eating and ingesting of feces. Generally, neither...

Read More
Adopt-A-Dog

While adoption is all the rage in Hollywood, pulling a Madonna and adopting a third world baby might be a little extreme -- not to mention rather expensive. But never fear, you can indulge in your Hollywood ways by adopting a dog. Rather...

Read More

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.

Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.

User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.

Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.

Continue Reading