breed

Q. My 7 pound dog just ate one of my 5 mg clonazepam . What will happen to him ? Please help

A. Clonazepam is sometimes prescribed to pets at the dosage of 0.1 mg/ pound, so it is safe to be used but in your case there has been an overdose. There are not much data available with regards to dogs overdose.If your dog has ingested the tablet in the last 2 hrs , I think you should take him to a local vet clinic to have vomiting induced.

Answered By
CLAUDIA FIORAVANTI



Related Questions

Related Articles


Skin Rash Due to Contact with Irritants in Dogs

Contact Dermatitis in Dogs Contact dermatitis may be caused by an allergy, or it may simply mean that your pet has touched something that has irritated its skin, such as the sap in poison ivy, or salt on a road. It is difficult to...

Read More
Why is Puppy Socialization Important?

Socialization has two aspects. It is about the positive way a puppy adjusts to the different elements in her life, such as people, dogs, new places or surroundings. It is also about the way the owner encourages the puppy as she goes through...

Read More

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.

Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.

User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.

Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.

Continue Reading