breed

Q. Would eating a toxic plant cause a dog to vomit and then have a seizure?

A. Yes, that could certainly be a sign of having eaten a toxic plant.

You need to contact your local emergency vet immediately with the name of the plant and they will be able to arrange an appointment and decide what the suitable treatment is.

Answered By
JULIA HENWOOD



Related Questions

Related Articles


Racoon Disease in Dogs

Baylisascariasis in Dogs Most commonly called "raccoon disease" because of its prevalence in the raccoon population, baylisascariasis comes from contact with raccoon feces, and from ingesting animal tissue that is infected...

Read More
Parasite Drug (Ivermectin) Poisoning in Dogs

Ivermectin Toxicity in Dogs This toxic reaction occurs especially in dogs that are genetically hypersensitive to ivermectin, an anti-parasite medication most commonly used for heartworm prevention, or to treat ear and hair mites, which...

Read More

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.

Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.

User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.

Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.

Continue Reading