breed

Q. My dog was in my room and all of a sudden my little sister opened the door and went and ate chocolate that was in the floor and ate it. What do I do

A. Chocolate can be toxic to dogs. It depends on the size of the dog and how much chocolate it ate as to wether you need to seek veterinary treatment. Also the type of chocolate, white, milk, dark, cooking is important to know.

Answered By
JULIA HENWOOD



Related Questions

Related Articles


Skin Inflammation on the Paws in Dogs

Pododermatitis in Dogs Pododermatitis is a medical term for skin inflammation, particularly inflammation in the feet or paws. With treatment, prognosis is positive. The disease is more common in dogs than it is in cats. However, if...

Read More
Seizures (Epileptic) in Dogs

Epilepsy, Idiopathic or Genetic, in Dogs Epilepsy is a brain disorder that causes the dog to have sudden, uncontrolled, recurring physical attacks, with or without loss of consciousness. This may sometimes occur for unknown reasons...

Read More

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training.

Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD.

User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice.

Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.

Continue Reading